Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final for History of Photography







For my final project in History of Photography I choose Alfred Stieglitz's work to follow. I fell in love with his series on hands, so I used Maynor's hands to emulate Stieglitz's work. He did a light on dark and I choose to do the opposite, dark on light. So I broke down Maynor's life into four segments, youth, teen years, early adulthood and adulthood. For his youth I had him clasp his hands to represent what a good child he had been (usually good for a kid). For his teen years he wanted his hunting rifle in the picture since he used to go water fowl hunting before school every morning with his friends. For his early adulthood he had been into wood working and made the vase himself. He fell in love with climbing so I had him play with climbing rope to represent that time period.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I liked your project. always been fascinated with hands, ever notice your dad's hands? He has beautiful hands.

M and W said...

I have noticed his hands. I've also noticed your hands, which are beautiful.

Teresa said...

Aw, thanks for saying so, I have never thought they were beautiful, but they worked for me :-)